Apply for a Lumina Power Inc. Career
1. Director of Engineering
Lumina Power designs and manufactures OEM power supplies for lasers and specialty lighting applications. Our products include capacitor charging power supplies with outputs up to 20kV and laser diode drivers with outputs up to 200A. Our product line also includes custom designs for Xenon and Mercury arc lamp applications. For an overview of our product line visit www.luminapower.com.
Our products tend to be high power. Cap charging power supplies typically have high voltage outputs and high-power laser diodes require high current. Power levels range from 100W up to 7kW. Appropriate inverter architectures are used for various power levels and power factor correction is used where required.
Potential candidate for this position will report directly to the President of Lumina Power. We are seeking a Director of Engineering with experience in multi-kilowatt power supply design to join our R&D effort. Successful candidate will be expected to lead our R&D effort going forward. Annual salary is based on experience.
- BS in Electrical Engineering
- 5+ year's experience in the design and manufacturing of a high-power electronics products from conception to market.
- Experience with high power inverters (experience with Zero-Voltage Switching a plus)
- Experience with power factor control design
- Knowledge of magnetics design - transformers and inductors
- Knowledge of analog and control circuitry design as it relates to power supply control and interface
- Experience with a PCB/Schematic design tool - experience with PADS a plus
- Knowledge of design requirements to ensure power supply meets Safety and EMC requirements for national and international approvals.
- Lead the design effort of Lumina Power’s custom OEM power supplies from concept to production.
- Work well with customers and Lumina Power support staff as projects move from concept to test to production.
- Design power supply circuitry including inverters, control/interface circuitry, emission control and magnetics to meet product specifications.
- Ensure product/prototypes are fully documented
- Provide engineering support to production
- Assist in planning and testing new products for safety and emissions compliance
- Support sales efforts in the development of new product concepts and customer proposals
Lumina Power offers a competitive benefits program including health, dental, vision, life, LT & ST disability insurance, matching 401K, eligibility for 409A plan, relocation assistance and profit sharing.
Must be a U.S. person (i.e., U.S. citizen, permanent resident, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology.
Job Type: Full-time